Reporting to the CUO, the QBE Re Operations team’s primary responsibility is ensuring organisational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organisation's underwriting functions. By working directly with the management team, the implementation of organisational strategies, policies and practices can be continuously reviewed and developed.
Our prime responsibilities are to:
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly assessments of the organisation's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals.
- Direct short and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Ensure that QBE Re’s underwriting standards and procedures are adhered to, in order to comply with the legal and regulatory framework within which we operate.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of QBE Re’s mission - by implementing better management reporting, information flow and management, business processes and organisational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services (HR, IT and Finance) through improvements to each function, as well as the coordination and communication between support and underwriting functions.